Online route finding:
http://www.bikely.com – Bikely is a free and easy to use bicycle route mapping and sharing website created by cyclists for cyclists. If you are looking for advice, their forum is good for posting questions or Sydney Cyclist can also offer you great forums for advice on which route to take.
This mapping tool http://www.bicycleinfo.nsw.gov.au/maps/cycleway_finder.html let’s you zoom in and click on a path segment to view its properties. It’s also grades the roads by colour coding – low,moderate or high difficulty – useful.
http://www.ridethecity.com/sydney – let’s you put in your start and end points to find convenient bike routes. Not all suggested routes are the best ones available though – more user feedback will help.
Other Sydney cycling maps:
City of Sydney
Naturally Clover and the gang have this one totally sorted. You can access a City of Sydney cycling map here – either download it or they can post you one. Handy!
Sydney North and North West
- Willoughby Council – Northern Sydney Cycling Map – Jointly produced by North Sydney and Willoughby Councils
- North Sydney – Northern Sydney Cycling Map – Jointly produced by North Sydney and Willoughby Councils
- Ryde Council – City of Ryde Bicycle Map
- Northern Sydney Cycling Map
- Manly Cycle Routes
- Ryde + North West Cycle Routes
- City of Sydney – Sydney Cycling Guide+Map
- Leichhardt Council – Cycling Map
- Marrickville Council
- Parramatta Council – Cycling Guide to Parramatta
- Parramatta and Westmead by Bicycle – Westmead Hospital and Parramatta Heritage Ride
- Parramatta and Westmead by Bicycle – Bicycle Route Map
- Cooks River Cycleway: Botany Bay to Olympic Park
- Tempe to Kurnell
And some others…
If you have discovered better Sydney cycling maps – let us know – firstname.lastname@example.org!